Windows System Administrator
Irvine , CA
-needs to be available for 24/7 support occasionally
-Knowledge of Service Management with emphasis on Incident ticketing systems
-Knowledge of Service Management with emphasis on Change Management system
Nice to have:
-Powershell scripting experience.
-Applies developed Infrastructure knowledge to solve common day-to-day operational issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on day-to-day operational problems to resolution.
-The member will act on occasionally as the technical advisor for routine operational issues and tasks in support of day-to-day operations. The member must be able to facilitates, validation, and deliver technical information to operational team members within the team’ s decision-making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices in part of identifying and selecting resolution to identified issues within infrastructure.
-Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Required education, certifications, and skills:
• Bachelors in Science in a Computer Science or related Engineering field, or equivalent.
• 3-4 Years of Wintel Systems experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Mid-level knowledge on Virtualization: VMWare, Microsoft System Center / HyperV Administration
• Mid-level Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/016 Administration: Install, Configure & manage.
• Knowledge of Dell Chassis and blade hardware infrastructure
• Experience with SolarWinds monitoring tool
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
• Ability to logically troubleshoot complex technical issues, with the ability to document and communicate resolution
• Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) in support of client role outs, anti-virus and server patching
• Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Object (GPO) management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment, assisting where needed
• Ability to support a 24 x7 operation for City and Public Safety environments
• Ability to work on defined project tasks and deliver to customer satisfaction
• Self-starter who is looks for ways to improve and help in a constructive manner
• Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks, staying focused with the ability to prioritize
• Network troubleshooting skills
• Azure experience a plus
• Supporting a 24x7 run organization in the Wintel arena
• Virtualization team expert with VMware (6.x and Hyper-V 2012R2 and 2016)
• Support over 300 Windows servers ensuring optimal performance, maximum up-time and security compliance
• Support current SolarWinds monitoring environment, upgrading and updating as needed
• Troubleshoot servers with accuracy to assess performance and/or connectivity root causes
• Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
• Documenting processes and new solutions
• Coordinate with other teams to support network hardware such as firewalls, load balancers and switches and storage hardware such as SAN and NAS systems
• Assist in developing and implementing procedures for operational processes including deployment, upgrade, migration and maintenance
• Document and track issues via a ticketing system.
• Ability to work in a team oriented atmosphere
• Assist with documenting/diagraming business and data flows
• Server (security) hardening
• Server performance tuning
• Background in meeting Customer Service Level agreements within Incident man